Retreats for Women
We offer silent retreats for women that focus on the Gospels and the fullness of the Catholic faith, opening the soul to the transforming power of grace. Preached by Legionary of Christ priests, many of our retreats are based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. The general format of these retreats is comprised of guided meditations, private reflection, Mass, opportunities for confession and spiritual direction.
These retreats can help anyone to focus on important aspects of growth in the spiritual life, such as deeper self-knowledge, discernment of God’s will, and finding a way to follow Christ more closely.
I invite all Christians, everywhere, at this very moment, to a renewed personal encounter with Jesus Christ, or at least an openness to letting Him encounter them. No one should think that this invitation is not meant for him or her, since no one is excluded from the joy brought by the Lord.
* Please Be Advised
A problem with our heating system is currently affecting our guest wing, making only a limited number of bedrooms operational. Fortunately, the common areas of the Retreat Center have a functioning heating system, and that will allow us to proceed with retreats for the time being, but with revised schedules.
We appreciate your patience and understanding as we seek to overcome the obstacles before us and continue providing for your spiritual needs.
Experience the essentials of the Spiritual Exercises in this intense weekend experience.
If you have never been on a silent retreat or if this is your first time doing the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises, we recommend this classic two-night experience.
Great for first-timers and those whose busy schedules won’t allow more than a weekend, this version is designed to walk you through the dynamics of the exercises with several guided meditations and conferences, as well as time for personal prayer. It's perfect for those who are learning to incorporate the program of life and a daily prayer routine into daily living.
*NEW Commuter Options Available.
- With Overnight Accomodations: $250 per person
- Commuter Option: $210 per person
- Mar 4-6, 2022* Lenten Retreat for Women | Preacher: Fr. Peter Hopkins, LC | Register
- Aug 5-7, 2022 Retreat for Women | Preacher: TBA | Register
- Oct 14-16, 2022 Retreat for Women | Preacher: TBA | Register
- Dec 2-4, 2022 Advent Retreat for Women | Preacher: TBA | Registration coming soon.
*Commuter option available.
Enjoy six full days of prayer!
July 11-18, 2022* | Register
*NEW Monday Arrival
Cost: $675 per person
This format is worth the investment! You will have a hard time settling for anything less once you have experienced the intimacy and familiarity with God that comes from spending an entire week devoted to speaking and listening to Him.
About this year's retreat
Get away for six full days of directed, silent retreat. The Week-Long Spiritual Exercises are for those well familiar with mental prayer, silence, and the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises. This longer format permits more personal prayer time. With longer periods of silence, you are challenged to stretch your soul, thus engaging deeper intimacy with God.
The preaching moments are meant to provide a general direction for the day, but not replace the retreatant's heart-to-heart dialogue with God.
With limited moments of preaching, when the general direction is given for the day, the retreatants are free to pray on their own. The retreat master and other spiritual directors are available for the daily colloquy to help the retreatants detect the movements of the Holy Spirit.
Format for the Directed Retreat
- Daily Mass and Eucharistic Adoration
- Each day, the retreat master will be available to attend the retreatants in colloquy or dialogue. The purpose of this dialogue is to help the retreatant perceive the motions of the Holy Spirit during the week and follow His lead.
- Confession is always available and encouraged, as well as meeting in a spiritual direction.
This year, the content will focus directly on the original text of St. Ignatius' masterpiece, The Spiritual Exercises. Highlights include:
- Daily conference with outline of the meditations or contemplation for that day, plus an explanation of the major themes of the exercises such as discernment of spirits, examen prayer, retreat election, modes of humility, etc.
- Follow the dynamic of the original spiritual exercises of St. Ignatius.
- To gain insight into how St. Ignatius drew from the lived experience of his conversion and spiritual journey to write this masterpiece of the exercises, his autobiography will be featured during mealtimes.
- Newly revised workbook, complete with outline of each meditation or contemplation accompanied by sacred art to help you visualize the Gospel scenes, theological explanation of the major themes of the exercises, prayers for liturgy and private reflection as well as forms for your Rule of Life and Vocation Statement.
Retreat Director: Fr. Peter Hopkins, LC
Fr. Peter was born in Syracuse, New York. He studied Liberal Arts at Thomas Aquinas College in California before entering the Legionaries of Christ in 1977. He completed his philosophical and theological studies in Rome at the Pontifical Gregorian University and the University of St. Thomas Aquinas. Fr. Peter received his master’s degree in psychology from Divine Mercy University in 2016. He has worked in Ireland and Mexico in the Catholic formation of youth and family. He was the founder and director of the Our Lady of Mt. Kisco Retreat & Family Center in New York. Fr. Peter is currently the Program Director and Chaplain at Our Lady of Bethesda. He was ordained by St. John Paul II along with his two younger brothers in St. Peter’s Basilica in 1991. He also has a sister who is a Nashville Dominican.
Need some time away? Sometimes you just need a little personal time away from the world. Or, maybe a weekend retreat just won't fit your schedule.
Well, we have the perfect thing for you! Click below to find more information about our Personal Retreat Days and upcoming dates!
Monthly Mini-Retreats for Women are offered twice each month. Evening and morning retreats can accomodate every woman's schedule