Retreats for Men
We offer silent retreats for men that focus on the Gospels and the fullness of the Catholic faith, opening the soul to the transforming power of grace. Preached by Legionary of Christ priests, many of our retreats are based on the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. The general format of these retreats is comprised of guided meditations, private reflection, Mass, opportunities for confession and spiritual direction. These retreats can help anyone to focus on important aspects of growth in the spiritual life, such as deeper self-knowledge, discernment of God’s will, and finding a way to follow Christ more closely.
Monthly Evenings of Reflection for Men
Join us each month for a refreshing opportunity to connect with Christ and others.
- The first Wednesday of every month, (September -May) unless otherwise indicated in the schedule. See below for specific dates.
- Time: 7:00-9:30 pm
Each session includes Mass, Directed Meditation, Time for Quiet Reflection and confessions, and a delicious dinnger.
$25 per person
Registration Required. No walk-ins, please.
Registration for In-Person Reflection will close on Monday prior to the event.
- Sep 7, 2022 | Register Now
- Oct 5, 2022 | Register Now
- Nov 2, 2022 | Register Now
- Dec 7, 2022 | Register Now
Experience the essentials of the Spiritual Exercises in this intense weekend experience.
If you have never been on a silent retreat or if this is your first time doing the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises, we recommend this classic two-night experience.
Great for first-timers and those whose busy schedules won’t allow more than a weekend, this version is designed to walk you through the dynamics of the exercises with several guided meditations and conferences, as well as time for personal prayer. It's perfect for those who are learning to incorporate the program of life and a daily prayer routine into daily living.
- $300 per person
- Stay tuned for 2023 dates!
Need some time away? Sometimes you just need a little personal time away from the world. Or, maybe a weekend retreat just won't fit your schedule.
Well, we have the perfect thing for you! Click below to find more information about our Personal Retreat Days and upcoming dates!
Enjoy six full days of prayer!
Jul 21 - 28, 2023 | REGISTRATION COMING SOON
Cost: $675 per person
This format is worth the investment! You will have a hard time settling for anything less once you have experienced the intimacy and familiarity with God that comes from spending an entire week devoted to speaking and listening to Him.
About this year's retreat
Get away for six full days of directed, silent retreat. The Week-Long Spiritual Exercises are for those well familiar with mental prayer, silence and the Ignatian Spiritual Exercises. This longer format permits more personal prayer time. With longer periods of silence, you are challenged to stretch your soul, thus engaging deeper intimacy with God.
The preaching moments are meant to provide a general direction for the day, but not replace the retreatant's heart-to-heart diaologue with God.
With limited moments of preaching, when the general direction is given for the day, the retreatants are free to pray on their own. The retreat master and other spiritual directors are available for the daily colloquy to help the retreatants detect the movements of the Holy Spirit.
Schedule for the Week
- Day 1:
- 5:00pm Arrival
- 5:30 Dinner
- 7:00 Introductory Conference
- 8:00 Eucharistic Celebration
- 8:45 Exposition & Adoration
- 9:15 Night Prayers, Benediction
- Days 2-7
- 7:30am Meditation 1
- 8:30 Breakfast
- 9:15 Conference
- 10:00 Meditation 2
- 12:00 Mass
- 12:45 Lunch / Rest
- 2:00 Meditation 3
- 4:30 Meditation 4
- 6:00 Dinner
- 8:00 Holy Hour
- 9:00 Compline & Benediction
- Departure Day 8
- 7:30am Mass
- 8:15 Breakfast
- 9:15 Departure
Format for the Directed Retreat
- Daily Mass and Eucharistic Adoration
- Each day, the retreat master will be available to attend the retreatants in colloquy or dialogue. The purpose of this dialogue is to help the retreatant perceive the motions of the Holy Spirit during the week and follow His lead.
- Confession is always available and encouraged, as well as meeting in spiritual direction.
This year, the content will focus directly on the original text of St. Ignatius' masterpiece, The Spiritual Exercises. Highlights include:
- Daily conference with outline of the meditations or contemplation for that day, plus an explanation of the major themes of the exercises such as discernment of spirits, examen prayer, retreat election, modes of humility, etc.
- Follow the dynamic of the original spiritual exercises of St. Ignatius.
- To gain insight into how St. Ignatius drew from the lived experience of his conversion and spiritual journey to write this masterpiece of the exercises, his autobiography will be featured during mealtimes.
- Newly revised workbook, complete with outline of each meditation or contemplation accompanied by sacred art to help you visualize the Gospel scenes, theological explanation of the major themes of the exercises, prayers for liturgy and private reflection as well as forms for your Rule of Life and Vocation Statement.
Retreat Director: Fr. Peter Hopkins, LC
Fr. Peter was born in Syracuse, New York. He studied Liberal Arts at Thomas Aquinas College in California before entering the Legionaries of Christ in 1977. He completed his philosophical and theological studies in Rome at the Pontifical Gregorian University and the University of St. Thomas Aquinas. Fr. Peter received his master’s degree in psychology from Divine Mercy University in 2016. He has worked in Ireland and Mexico in the Catholic formation of youth and family. He was the founder and director of the Our Lady of Mt. Kisco Retreat & Family Center in New York. Fr. Peter is currently the Program Director and Chaplain at Our Lady of Bethesda. He was ordained by St. John Paul II along with his two younger brothers in St. Peter’s Basilica in 1991. He also has a sister who is a Nashville Dominican.
A service/social event for men! This is a meaningful way to support the Retreat Center and have some fun along the way.
- Oct 7-8, 2022 Spirits & Service Service/Social Weekend
- Mar 10-11 Spirits & Service Service/Social Weekend
- May 12-13 Spirits & Service Service/Social Weekend
- Sep 15-17, 2023 SUPER Spirits & Service Retreat Weekend
- Preacher: Fr. Robert Presutti, LC
- Learn More...
- Registration coming soon!
- Nov 17-18 Spirits & Service Service/Social Weekend
Gentlemen who are interested are asked to register so that we can properly prepare.
To register or to get more details please contact Charlie McCullough at 703-851-0799.