And the Winner Is....
Summer 2019 Raffle To Rome Winner
Congratulations to the Summer 2019 Raffle to Rome Winner: Catherine Hammock!
Our sincere thanks to all who purchased Raffle to Rome tickets. Through your support, OLB continues its mission as a place where people encounter Christ and His Church.
The Raffle to Rome is an important fundraiser for Our Lady of Bethesda. We need to raise $100,000 to help us meet our annual operating needs!
OLB is a non-profit 501(c)(3)organization and our mission is simple: bring souls closer to Christ! Our team works hard every day taking care of the retreat center and designing and presenting faith-based programs at reasonable prices, while covering our costs and making it possible for us to continue our mission. But, we can’t do this without support from people like you.
Only with your help, our OLB family and friends, will we meet our goal to raise $100,000! Will you buy a raffle ticket to help us continue our mission?
The Grand Prize is a trip for two (2) to Rome, Italy.
The package includes:
8-day, 7-night stay at the Hotel Atlante Star*, a superior hotel in the heart of Rome. Only 3 minutes from Vatican City, this hotel boasts a personal and cozy atmosphere.
Airfare for two (2) people.
$1,000 for additional expenses.
Personal Tour Guides
Two seminarians will lead you on your own guided tours of St. Peter's Basilica, the Vatican Museum, and other locations of interest throughout Rome.
If desired, private celebrations of the Holy Mass will be arranged for you each day.
* If the Atlante Star is not available for chosen dates, a comparable 4-star hotel will be selected.
Summer 2019 Raffle to Rome
Alpha Omega, Inc.
Montgomery County, Maryland Permit #19-1709
Alpha Omega Inc., doing business as Our Lady of Bethesda Retreat Center, a tax-exempt organization under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, is conducting this raffle. The following rules and regulations cover and regulate Alpha Omega Inc.’s “Raffle to Rome,” which is licensed by Montgomery County’s permit #19-1709, issued under the authority of Article 27, Section 255B, of the Annotated Code of Maryland. By purchasing a raffle ticket, the purchaser agrees to be bound by these rules and regulations.
1. There shall be a total of one (1) Grand Prize awarded in conjunction with the Raffle to Rome. The Grand Prize shall be a trip for two (2) to Rome, Italy. The Grand Prize shall include: two (2) roundtrip economy airline tickets to Rome, Italy; a seven-night stay at the 4-Star Hotel Atlante Star (or comparable hotel if not available); in a standard double room that sleeps two (2) and includes a daily breakfast; $1,000 to cover additional expenses; if desired, three (3) days of personal guided tours of St. Peter’s Basilica, the Vatican Museum, and other locations of interest throughout Rome. The Prize may not be exchanged for other comparable properties. Air travel must originate from, and return to, a major continental United States international airport or other international airport (provided the fare from such international airport does not exceed the average fare from Chicago, Denver, and Los Angeles international airports on the same date of travel). Any related federal, state, and local income or excise taxes, applicable gratuities, tips, security or damage deposits, transportation to/from the departing city and additional elective costs associated with the Grand Prize are not included and are the sole obligation of the winning party. The trip will be scheduled for a designated week between January 1, 2020, and March 15, 2020, based on hotel availability, the tour guides’ availability, and the Grand Prize winner’s preference. Travel must take place between January 1, 2020, and March 15, 2020. The Grand Prize winner is required to submit preferred travel dates to Alpha Omega, Inc. by October 15, 2019 and must include first and second preferred dates. In the event that the submitted dates are not available, the winner will be asked to submit a new list of preferred travel dates. The Grand Prize drawing will take place on Thursday, August 15, 2019 at approximately 12:00 noon Eastern Daylight Time at Our Lady of Bethesda Retreat Center located at 7007 Bradley Blvd., Bethesda, Maryland 20817. All raffle tickets purchased will be placed in a container, and the winning ticket will be randomly selected from the container by a representative of Alpha Omega Inc., or a person designated by Alpha Omega, Inc.
2. Each winner shall be responsible for any and all federal, state and local income or excise taxes, fees, assessments and like charges associated with a Prize. At the time of this printing, federal law requires that tax withholding on certain prize values must be collected from winners upon award and distribution. Federal, state and local withholding laws are subject to change without notice. The withholding laws in effect at the time each Prize is claimed will be followed. Please consult your tax advisor with any questions. If a raffle ticket purchaser is unable to pay the Taxes associated with the prize at the time the prize is distributed, then that person will be automatically disqualified and a second prize winner will not be drawn.
3. The winner, or a representative appointed by the winner, will be the exclusive point of contact for coordinating travel arrangements. Any additional travel arrangements that fall beyond the scope of the Prize are the exclusive financial and organizational responsibility of the winner.
4. The fair market value for the Grand Prize is estimated at $5,000-$7,000.
5. The price per chance is $100 for one (1) raffle ticket. Only one person may be listed as the owner of each ticket. All purchases of raffle tickets are non-refundable for any reason except a cancellation of the raffle. In the unlikely event the raffle is cancelled, all credit cards will be credited with the full amount that was paid to the raffle within forty-five (45) days. All of the credit card raffle ticket purchases online will be processed by https://iatspayments.com. Raffle tickets are payable by the following means:
(a) Online Credit Card Payments: Only online credit card/debit card payments may be made at www.RaffleToRome.com. Credit card payments are processed immediately and raffle ticket(s) is/are issued following credit card approval. Credit cards that are denied shall disqualify the raffle ticket(s).
6. Per Internal Revenue Service regulations, the raffle ticket purchase price is not deductible for income tax purposes as a charitable deduction.
7. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail. Winner must accept the prize in writing via email (to email@example.com) or mail (to c/o Raffle to Rome, 7007 Bradley Blvd., Bethesda, MD 20817) within thirty (30) days of the notification. If the prize winner does not formally accept the prize in writing within thirty (30) days of notification, a second attempt will be made by Alpha Omega, Inc. to contact the winner via U.S. postal service certified mail, return receipt requested. If the prize has not been accepted in writing within thirty (30) days of the winner’s receipt of this second notification, a second prize winner will be drawn.
8. By entering this raffle, entrants accept and agree: 1.) to be bound by all the rules, limitations, and restrictions set forth herein (the “rules and regulations”), and 2.) that their names and/or likenesses may be disclosed to and used by the news media, may otherwise be used by Alpha Omega, Inc. for publicity purposes, may be published in any newspaper or website, and may be announced on Our Lady of Bethesda Retreat Center’s website (www.ourladyofbethesda.org) and social media accounts and the Raffle to Rome website (www.RaffleToRome.com). Alpha Omega’s interpretation and application of the rules and regulations shall be final.
9. Raffle Ticket Entry Deadline: All online ticket purchases must be received and processed by Thursday, August 15, 2019, at 11:00 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time. The raffle will close after 1,000 tickets are purchased. However, Alpha Omega, Inc. may elect to add additional raffle prize(s). If Alpha Omega, Inc. elects to add additional raffle prize(s), more raffle tickets over and above 1,000 will be available for sale. This would be at the discretion of Alpha Omega, Inc. In the event this occurs, the modified information shall be sent to each raffle ticket purchaser by email at the address listed on the entry form.
10. Winners need not be present to win.
11. Requirements: Participants must be 18 years of age or older to enter the raffle and to be eligible to win the Grand Prize. Winners may be required to provide proof of eligibility including driver’s license, social security number, and applicable contact or verification information. Winners may also be asked complete a Publicity Release Form.
12. The odds of winning the Grand Prize will be one (1) divided by the total number of raffle tickets actually sold. A maximum of 1,000 raffle tickets will be sold. (Exception: See Section 9.)
13. ALPHA OMEGA, INC. NEITHER MAKES NOR PROVIDES REPRESENTATION, GUARANTEE, OR WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE GRAND PRIZE THAT IS AWARDED IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE RAFFLE. PURCHASER TICKET HOLDER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT ALPHA OMEGA, INC. IS NOT RESPONSIBLE NOR LIABLE FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OR CONDITION OF THE VACATION PROPERTIES AND/OR COMPLICATIONS, DELAYS, LAYOVERS, OR OTHER ISSUES THAT ARISE WITH RESPECTIVE AIRLINE CARRIER(S).
14. Prizes are not transferable. The Raffle to Rome is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
15. Forfeit procedure. A second winner will be drawn only if the first winner is ineligible. (Exception: See Section 9.)
16. Net proceeds of the Raffle to Rome are solely for the benefit of Alpha Omega, Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit organization registered Maryland.
17. Each raffle ticket purchaser hereby releases Alpha Omega, Inc. and its directors, employees, residents, affiliates, donors, and the owners of the prize awarded in this raffle from any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind arising in connection with, or as a result of, this raffle and/or that person’s failure to win or redeem any prize, or that person’s award, acceptance, or use of any prize, or that person’s failure to comply with applicable law; and (b) releases and agrees to indemnify, defend, protect, and hold harmless Alpha Omega, Inc. and its directors, employees, residents, affiliates, and donors from and against all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in connection with, or as a result of, this raffle and/or that person’s failure to win or redeem any prize, or that person’s award, acceptance, or use of any prize, or that person’s failure to comply with applicable law. Each raffle ticket purchaser hereby represents and warrants to Alpha Omega, Inc. that he/she has read and understands these rules and regulations and agrees to be bound by these rules and regulations and Alpha Omega, Inc.’s decisions, which are final. In the case of any dispute, Alpha Omega, Inc.’s decision shall be final. Any liability of Alpha Omega, Inc. shall be limited to the raffle ticket price paid.
19. Employees of Alpha Omega, Inc. at Our Lady of Bethesda Retreat Center are not eligible to win the Raffle to Rome grand prize.
About the Raffle to Rome
Proceeds from the Raffle to Rome support the operations and maintenance of Our Lady of Bethesda Retreat Center, which offers quality faith-based retreats and programs that educate, enrich, and accompany souls in their journeys to discover and/or strengthen their relationship with Christ. Thank you for helping to sustain this meaningful work!
Alpha Omega, Inc. Montgomery County, Maryland permit #19-1709